In addition to an extensive range of shunting products, we offer various services such as leasing or renting locomotives, maintenance & revision work, engineering advice and the management and sale of spare parts.
Bespoke shunting products
Bemo Rail has been designing and producing shunting vehicles since the 1980s. The Bemo shunting vehicles are mainly used by companies that move wagons over internal tracks, such as industrial and transhipment companies.
Do you need advice or would you like to know more about our products and services?
Fill in this contact form and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Or call us on:
+31 (0) 226 - 42 53 00.
What types of shunting locomotives are there?
Bemo Rail offers electric, diesel and hybrid shunting locomotives. Thanks to our in-house engineering department, a fully equipped workshop and outstanding knowledge of rails and wagons, the varieties are countless. Various driving options for example, such as hydrostatic or hydrodynamic drive with diesel engine, or an electric or hybrid drive. The locomotive can be operated either manually or remotely by radio.
What are the technical options for shunting locomotives?
- Continuously variable speed control from “0
- Very smooth start off with favourable slip limit because of absence of peak forces.
- Standard Bemo locomotive control, specifically designed for use under heavy-duty circumstances
- Vibration- and temperature-resistant
- Manually and/or radio remote controlled, if required with explosion proof encapsulation.
- Accelerating and braking according to fixed curves, as a result of which:
- Steady behaviour (reaction) of the rail shunter
- Any operator can work with the rail shunter
Environmental and health & safety legislation
- Limited noise level
- Low fuel consumption
- Clean engines
- Electric or hybrid drive
- Ergonomic accessibility for operation and service
- Emergency buttons on all corners of the machine, combined with radio remote control.
- Integration of gas detection into the control unit, when used in Ex-zones (optional)
- Security by means of additional proximity/reflection switches (optional)
- Excellent overview from the cabin
- All shunting operations can be carried out by one operator
- Easy to operate control system
- Clear graphic display for operating status and maintenance (HMI /GUI)
- High quality components are installed as standard, such as A-class engines.
- Overall sprung axle suspension with fully closed reductors, resulting in:
- Reducing damage to switches
- Reducing the risk of derailment
- Long technical lifetime
- Short delivery times on parts
- Easily accessible, no special grease pit required
- Daily maintenance can be performed by in-house technical service
- Intervals are set up as optimally as possible, depending on the application
- All types of shunting couplers
- All associated adapters
- Automatic or non-automatic
- Equipped with pneumatic installation for (wagon) brakes
- Control of various components
- Compressor output, tank capacity and version are selected according to the use of the locomotive.
- Standard track gauge of 1435 mm
- Wide and narrow gauge possible
- Applicable worldwide
What is a road-rail vehicle?
Road-rail vehicles are shunting locomotives that can operate both on rails as well as on the road and can easily switch between road and rail. This vehicle has superb maneuverability, which is particularly convenient on sites with multiple independent track networks without a connection, or when a connection point is too far away and transportation is faster by road.
When do you use a road-rail shunting vehicle?
On sites with multiple independent track networks without a connection, or when a connection point is too far away and transportation is faster by road, a road-rail vehicle can be used. It can operate both on rails as well as on the road.The vehicle has superb maneuverability.
Bemo Rail also offers high-quality crane tracks and rail systems. Do you want to know more?
Use the button at the top of the page to switch between Rail Technology and Shunting Technology, or click below for Rail products.