In addition to an extensive range of shunting products, we also offer various services such as leasing or renting locomotives, maintenance & revision work, engineering advice and the management and sale of spare parts.
Bemo Rail has been designing and producing shunting vehicles since the 1980s. The Bemo shunting vehicles are mainly used by companies that move wagons themselves over (internal) tracks, such as industry and transhipment companies.
Can we help you with anything? Would you like to know more about our products or services?
Call our office on
+31 (0) 226 - 42 53 00.
You can of course also fill in our contact form and we will contact you as soon as possible.
What types of shunting locomotives are there?
Bemo Rail has electric, diesel and hybrid shunting locomotives. Thanks to our in-house engineering department, a fully equipped workshop and the necessary knowledge of rails and wagons, the possibilities are numerous. For example, you can choose different drive options such as hydrostatic or hydrodynamic drive with diesel engine, or an electric or hybrid drive. The locomotive can be operated manually, but also remotely by radio.
What are the technical options for shunting locomotives?
- Continuously variable speed control from “0
- Very smooth start off with particularly favourable slip limit because of absence of peak forces.
- Standard Bemo locomotive control, specifically designed for use under heavy-duty
- Trembling- and temperature-resistant
- Manually and/or radio remote controlled, if required with explosion proof encapsulation.
- Accelerating and braking according to fixed curves, as a result of which:
- Always very steady behaviour (reaction) of the rail shunter
- Incorrect control is virtually impossible.
- Consequently any operator can work with the rail shunter.
Environmental and health and safety legislation
- Limited noise level
- Very low fuel consumption
- Clean diesel engines
- Electric or hybrid drive
- Ergonomic accessibility for operation and service
- Emergency buttons on all corners of the machine, especially in combination with radio remote control.
- Integration of gas detection into the control unit, when used in Ex-zones (optional)
- Security by means of additional proximity/reflection switches (optional)
- Excellent overview from the cabin
- All shunting operations can be carried out by one operator
- Easy to operate control system
- Clear graphic display for operating status and maintenance (HMI /GUI)
- High quality components are installed as standard, such as A-class engines.
- Overall sprung axle suspension with fully closed reductors, resulting in:
- Reducing damage to switches
- Reducing the risk of derailment
- Long technical lifetime
- Short delivery times on parts
- Easily accessible, no special lubrication pit required
- Daily maintenance can be performed by in-house technical service
- Intervals are set up as optimally as possible, depending on the application
- All types of shunting couplers
- All associated adapters
- Automatic or non-automatic
- Equipped with pneumatic installation for (wagon) brakes.
- For the control of various components.
- Compressor output, tank capacity and version are selected according to the use of the locomotive.
- Standard track gauge of 1435 mm
- Wide and narrow gauge possible
- Applicable worldwide
Are you looking for our rail products? In addition to our shunting department, Bemo Rail also has a Rail Technology department.
Switch menu and go to our rail products. You can switch at the top of the page with the switch button if you want to go back to Shunting Technology.